0x0 0x0 error code in Windows 10 is a common error that indicates something on your PC is misconfigured or damaged which needs to be fixed.
Most of the time, 0x0 error code is accompanied by a numerical code that further conveys the details of which particular component on your PC is causing the problem but since the numerical code requires technical understanding, without technical understanding it may be difficult to determine the source of the problem.
Causes of 0x0 0x0 Error
This error can result from various reasons, the common ones include the following:
- Incorrect System Settings
- Incorrect or Irregular Entries in the Windows Registry Files
- Incorrect or Failed Installation or Uninstallation of any Software or Program.
- Virus or Malware attack
- Faulty/Outdated Graphics Driver
- Outdated Version of Windows OS
- Less Storage Space Available
- Application requires Scan and Repair
Methods to Fix 0x0 0x0 Error
Whenever you encounter this error, you should act immediately and try to fix this issue by applying various fixes. It is faced by many Windows users from all over the world and prevents users from using their PC so, it is better that you fix this problem immediately. To help you fix this issue, we have come up with some fixes that might be able to help you resolve the issue:
1. Close Conflicting Programs
Sometimes this error can occur when two or more programs or software are running that are interfering with one another. In such instances, the solution is to simply stop the programs that are causing this conflict. Here is how you can do so:
- Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del. A list of all running applications will be shown on the Task Manager screen.
- Here, you will have to stop the applications one by one. Select every application/program that is running and click on the End Process option.
- After closing an application, monitor for the recurrence of the error. If you keep on getting the error even after closing an application then know that the app/program is not causing the problem.
- Close every app one by one and monitor for recurrence of the error. If after closing a certain app the issue stops and the popup error doesn’t show then you can uninstall that application to solve the issue.
2. Perform A Disk Cleanup
The error code 0x0 can also be fixed by running disk cleanup. If the error is because of a shortage of free space on your PC then it will be easily fixed by running disk cleanup. Before you run a disk cleanup, make sure that you backup all of your data after you can perform a disk cleanup. Here is how you can perform a disk cleanup:
- Open the Explorer window.
- Right-click on the main directory and click on Properties.
- Here, locate Disk Cleanup and perform a disk cleanup.
- Once you are done, you can restart your computer. If the problem was because of a shortage of free storage space then after disk cleanup, this problem would have been fixed.
3. Update/Reinstall Graphics Driver
The error code 0x0 can also occur because of a faulty or outdated graphics driver. In such an instance where the problem is because of a faulty graphics driver, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver which will fix the issue in no time.
You can use the dedicated software from your GPU manufacturers such as AMD or NVIDIA dedicated drivers’ software to install the graphics driver. Alternatively, you can find the graphics driver in the Device Manager from where you can uninstall and reinstall the driver.
4. Use The Built-In Scan And Repair Option
If you encounter the 0x0 error while running an application then along with the error, you will also see a “Scan and Repair” button. Just simply click on it and let the application perform the built-in Scan and Repair function. This built-in Scan and Repair function will fix the issue in an automated way most of the time.
5. Perform A System Scan With An Antivirus Program
The 0x0 error can also be because of a virus or malware that has attacked your PC. In such cases, you will have to update your antivirus program or install a reliable one that is able to discover and get rid of the virus. If you are facing this error then make sure that you perform a full PC scan to ensure that your PC is not affected by malware but while you are doing so, make sure that you are using a reliable antivirus program.
6. Use The Microsoft Fix-It Tool
Microsoft has a tool available called the Fix-It tool that can quickly repair your common PC issues. It can fix over 100 different issues including 0x0 0x0 error. You just need to download the software and run it.
The Fix-It tool scans and checks your system for issues and offers automated solutions to fix them. If the 0x0 0x0 error is because of a common issue then the Microsoft Fix-It tool will be able to fix it.
7. Update Your Windows
Another reason why you may be facing this issue is that you are running an old version of Windows which is not compatible with the latest programs and applications. In some instances, updating your Windows to the latest version can solve the problem. You should check if there are any Windows updates available and if there are then you should install them.
8. Change Your RAM
If none of the software-related fixes worked for you then perhaps the problem might be because of a faulty piece of hardware and most of the time that faulty piece of hardware is RAM. You can find out if the problem is RAM-related or not by simply replacing your old RAM sticks with the new ones. If the problem gets fixed by replacing the RAM sticks then know that the problem was because of faulty RAM sticks that you had on your motherboard.
The 0x0 0x0 error on Windows 10 is an annoying issue that is faced by many users but with the help of some simple solutions, it can be fixed. Most of the time, it is easily fixed by the aforementioned methods but if the problem still persists or you have little or no technical knowledge then you can take assistance from a professional.