Hotmail (rebranded as Outlook) is a free email and calendar service by Microsoft. Access to Word, Powerpoint, Excel & Skype in real time straight from your inbox at home, on the go or anywhere around the world. Hotmail was founded in 1996 by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith and later acquired by Microsoft for an estimated $400 million. New registrations still have an option of having an @hotmail.com email address.
Outlook delivers enterprise-grade security used by the same tools for business customers. Data encryption in your inbox and emails sent to any Hotmail.com or Outlook.com email address is standard. It’s powerful built-in calendar powered by intuitive voice-controlled navigation simplifies managing your meetings, appointments and helps you track your upcoming flights with multiple assistive devices.
How to login to your Hotmail account?
- Go to https://outlook.live.com/owa/?nlp=1
- Enter your email, phone or Skype name and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
Note: Check “Keep me signed in” if you are using a personal computer and want to automatically login next time. It is not recommended for shared devices. Keep it unchecked to be prompted to enter password every time you wish to login.
Users can also sign in with Windows Hello, GitHub or Google by clicking on the “Sign-in options“.
What should you upgrade to Office 365?
By upgrading your Outlook with Office 365 you get to enjoy all the premium benefits and advance features it has to offer such as –
- Ad-free experience.
- Use custom domain names for your email.
- Automatic detection and protection from unsafe links that contain phishing scams, malware and viruses.
- Scanning and removal of dangerous email attachments.
- 1 TB (1,000 GB) of OneDrive storage and ransomware protection.
- Web & fully installable applications of Microsoft Office apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Skype, OneDrive) on Windows, iOS, Android and macOS.
- Premium support from Outlook experts.
Credit card required. Cancel at any time.
Office 365 Personal supports 1 user which costs $69.99/yr and Office 365 Home supports upto 6 users which cost $99.99/yr. You can start your free 30-days trail where you can access all premium Office 365 Home features now.