Win32:Malware-gen is a malware-type that can affect your Windows OS. It is recognized by Antiviruses under different names. It is a heuristic detection by which the user can detect a trojan horse. A Win32:Malware-gen Trojan Horse can be dangerous and can be involved in the following things on your PC:
- Download and install malware
- Use your PC for click fraud
- Record keystrokes
- Send your information such as usernames, passwords, browsing history to the hacker
- Give the remote access of your PC to the hacker
- Slow down your computer
- Utilize system resources
- Corrupt system files
- Displays unwanted and malicious ads and pop-ups
How does a PC gets infected by Win32:Malware-gen?
This is basically a Trojan Horse so, it can enter the system with the user-involvement only. It enters a PC through a malicious email attachment, cracked software, and fake updates. Therefore, for this Trojan to be installed on your PC, it requires user’s involvement, in one way or another.
You will find your PC infected with such Trojans if you:
- Open a malicious email attachment
- Download cracked programs
- Download illegal programs
- Download and install fake updates
- Open malware-ads or download content from those ads
As it is a dangerous malware that has the potential to cause a lot of harm so, it is better to follow the prevention measures, which include:
- Installing Softwares from official websites only
- Avoid downloading any cracked program
- Not using any unknown file-sharing website
- Not to click on any unwanted pop-ups or ads
- Install a strong antivirus program that provides real-time protection
- Avoid visiting any unknown adult or gambling website
- Avoid opening any email attachment from an unknown sender
Detection of Win32: Malware-gen
These trojans can be malicious and lead to a lot of damage if they are not get ridden off quickly. Most of the major security programs and antivirus can identify and detect Win32: Malware-gen Trojans. However, if your antivirus program isn’t a strong one then you might have trouble with Win32: Malware-gen as it can lead to encrypted files on your PC, loss of information and privacy, unwanted malware programs on your PC, identity theft, and other stuff.
How To Remove Win32:Malware-gen?
Using an anti-malware program
The best to remove Win32: Malware-gen from your PC is to use a powerful antivirus program that can easily detect and remove such malware(s) from your PC. There are many anti-malware programs available but it is recommended that you should Malwarebytes to get rid of Win32: Malware-gen.
Performing a full system restore
Even after performing a scan with an anti-malware program, the virus has not been removed then you need to perform a full system restore because it is the only way that you will completely get rid of this malware, otherwise, this virus has the potential to cause a lot of harm to your PC.
If performing a full system restore is not an option then you can restore your PC to a previous point and scan your computer with an anti-malware program to see if it was present on your PC at that time or not!
To perform a system restore to a previous point, follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Type the following commands:
- A new window will now appear. Now, select the restore point that you think is the clean one, before the infiltration of the malware and restore.
- Once restored to the previous point, scan your PC with an anti-malware program to make sure that it is clean.
So, it would be better if you try to get rid of this malware as soon as you detect it on your PC, otherwise, it can as it can lead to encrypted files on your PC, loss of information and privacy, unwanted malware programs on your PC, identity theft, etc.